Friday, February 15, 2008

Daytime TV's Hottest African-American Couple is Hotter than Ever

I don't care what I'm doing at 1pm EST---I have to take a pause to watch my favorite daytime Soap, All My Children. Since the writers decided to bring the story of Angie and Jesse back, I have been glued to the set.

Twenty years ago, the Angie and Jesse characters (played by Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams) created magic as the first African-American couple with a real story line that didn't involve drugs or prostitution. Now they are back as baby boomers and setting the show on fire!

I sat with baited breath as I waited for the pair to finally connect with each other on Friday. But you know how the Soaps do it. They give you this cliffhanger to make you want to come back and watch the show again on Monday. All we got to see was Jesse step off the train while Angie, is standing a distance away in a teary-eyed daze.

Well, they don't have to worry about me. I can't wait to see their reunion as he steps off the train and into her arms.

But the plot is only going to get thicker because there's still quite a few unanswered questions. How are the writers going to explain his death 20 years ago? What kind of shady business is he connected to this time?

Can someone just give this brother a break and let us enjoy the romance?

No comments: