Thursday, June 26, 2008

Supreme Court Says Americans Have Right to Kill

You can put a different spin on it and say "Supreme Court Says Americans have Gun Rights" but the bottom line is the door has been opened for hate mongers and lunatics to claim self-defense every time they get trigger happy.

In a 5-4 decision, the high court determined that Americans have the right to own guns for self-defense as well as hunting. So my question is, how is self-defense going to be determined in a court of law that is already full of holes and errors?

If someone looks at me funny and then puts their hand in their pocket, does that give me the right to pull a gun out of my purse and shoot them because I felt my life might be threatened? What if someone tries to cut me off on the highway and I reach for my gun and shoot them? I can say I felt my life was being threatened because I could've been killed by their "road rage."

It's all in how you spin it---and the color of your skin.

No comments: