Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm still Hot...It just comes in Flashes Now!

I started having a glimpse of what's known as peri-menopause about ten months ago. First, there were the hot flashes and then my menstrual cycle became very sporadic. My gynecologist said once I go into full blown menopause, my cycle will stop completely, to which I say “Hallelujah”!

As far as the hot flashes go, they can be very annoying and inconvenient. The first one I clearly remember having was at work right around the same time I was trying to handle some breaking news. All of a sudden I felt this intense heat rush from the base of my neck up to the top of my head. It felt like I was on fire! It only lasted about a minute but that was just long enough for me to consider murder if anyone had said something I didn’t like right at that moment.

You see, I’ve chosen NOT to suffer in silence which makes me eager to let my colleagues and anybody else I come in contact with know when I’m having a “moment.” This is their warning to steer clear until they’ve been given the “everything’s OK” signal. When Sweaty comes in, it triggers a not so pleasant personality change. I become uncomfortable and irritated. That’s when Bitchy takes over and she can hang around a long time if aggravated. Now there are some who might argue that Bitchy and I have been acquaintances for quite some time. You know what I have to say to that?

Whatever!


Who needs Oprah when I can have you to help me become the #1 best selling author on Amazon

No comments: