Thursday, August 02, 2007

Menopause is NOT the End of the World

For those of you who have not yet read Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age, I thought now would be a great time to share with you what you're missing. The book deals with serious issues from a humorous point of view.

Chapter One deals with the symtoms associated with menopause. I'm here to tell you that menopause isn't the end of your world. It should be regarded as the beginning of a new chapter in your life.

"Have the seven dwarfs of menopause come knocking at your door yet? If you’re not sure, please allow me to make the introductions. There’s Sweaty, Bloated, Forgetful, Bitchy, Itchy, Sleepy, and All Dried Up. They don’t all show up at once, but you can rest assured they will come in, sometimes unannounced, and definitely uninvited, and, yes, they will wear out their welcome! These little menaces to society bring night sweats, headaches, fatigue, forgetfulness, muscle and joint pain, urinary incontinence, heart palpitations, anxiety, depression, yeast infections, and vaginal dryness into our lives.

According to my gynecologist, over time we may even start to lose our desire for sex. I don’t know how you feel about that, but I surely hope it doesn’t happen to me—because I’d hate to think I wasted the best years of my sex life on my ex!"

OK, there's a little snippet for you. The book is available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.

3 comments:

Kacey said...

Actually, yes --- you wasted your best sexlife years on your ex. Tell me truthfully, you did enjoy him while you loved him---right? I really beieve that God gave us the big urge to insure procreation and then has us gradually slow down to a crawl --- not because we don't enjoy sex, but because our bodies start to forget why we desired it in the first place. Who wants a "bundle of joy" at 52? Menopause means just that--- "men pause before you say "How About It?" But love, --- goes on forever or 50 to 60 years if you live that long.

Carine-what's cooking? said...

I love what you said Kacey! If you have love-that is quite a aphrodesiac. After 27 plus years, I still get the shivers....

Bev Mahone said...

Kacey,

I have to tell you I am enjoying some of the best sex with my new husband than I ever did with my ex. Why? Because the intimacy goes well past the bedroom. I can FEEL my husband's love for me and that's what makes our lovemaking so special. Even when we disagree I still love him with a passion. My ex and I were in "lust" NOT love. It took many years to figure that out.