Tuesday, August 21, 2007

From the Baby Boomers to the Babies: Passing the Torch

After my 11-month-old, I-can-walk-now grandson and I returned from the gym, we sat on the sofa while I flipped through the television channels trying to find something entertaining to hold his attention.

Lo and behold, on one of the cartoon networks there was a cartoon from MY PAST. If you're a baby boomer, you must remember Magilla Gorilla. I used to love that cartoon! When I was a little girl, it used to come on TV on a Wednesday evening (I believe) around 7:30pm. That's when prime time television was truly devoted to the kids.

I think I was more into the show than my grandson---although he did watch it. But what really caught his attention was The Secret Squirrel. Remember that one? It came on right after Magilla Gorilla. And then there was another favorite: Top Cat

After a strenuous workout in the gym, I found myself in 7th Heaven as I sat laughing at the cartoons. What a joy to be able to share a part of my childhood with my precious grandson! Now that's what you call PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Carine-what's cooking? said...

Bev, thanks for the reminder! I too loved Magilla Gorilla and Top Cat-and the Chipmunks!
btw, you are wonderful! I wish I could take more of a part in the Diva web-but alas, the day job is getting in the way!
and the dr's appts---