Exercise is what keeps a baby boomer diva looking like a DIVA. Working out regularly plays a key role in maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.
Even if you don’t have a membership to a health club, you can still get a good workout in by doing it outdoors. Here are some tips to help my fellow baby boomer divas keep it cool while exercising:
1) Workout either first thing in the morning or later in the evening when the sun is starting to do down.
2) Stop and rest as needed if exercising in the heat makes breathing difficult. Some people like to carry bottled water. You should drink plenty of water before and after you exercise. STAY AWAY from drinks with caffeine because they can cause you to lose fluids.
3) Pay attention to your body. Be on the lookout for signs of a heat-related illness such as dizziness, nausea, severe headache or light-headedness.
4) Wear loose fitting, light-colored clothing. You may want to look cute but look good and comfortable instead of wearing something too tight and feeling miserable.
5) If rain catches you by surprise, alter your game plan by walking in the mall or exercise along with a fitness video at home.
Finally, enjoy the company of a fellow diva while you exercise. Here’s to your good health!