Friday, August 24, 2007

Say It Loud---I'm a Baby Boomer Diva and Proud!

Who would’ve ever thought a few months ago that something called the Baby Boomer Diva Web of Fame would turn into what it is today?

I had the idea back in March after meeting Singer Natalie Cole at a Women’s Empowerment Convention. I told her she would be one of my DIVAS on my website. Then I started thinking of other women I’ve come in contact with, on and offline….women I have come to admire and respect. Women in my age group who were on the move and doing what they could to make a difference personally and/or professionally.

That was the birth of the Baby Boomer Diva Web of Fame. I started out with a half dozen women. It’s now turned into 47 with 12 celebrities. Song-writer Carol Bayer Sager, Actresses Rene Russo and Linda Hamilton, Country Singer Trisha Yearwood and Sharon Osbourne are the latest to be included among the exclusive list of women who make up the Diva Web of Fame. I anticipate 100 women before the end of the year.

Wow! I have truly been blessed!!! Just last year I got fired from my good-paying television news job for writing Whatever! A Baby Boomer’s Journey Into Middle Age. I’m still struggling financially but oh, I am so much happier because I am truly pursuing my PASSION! Menopause isn't going to slow me down from enjoying what's left of my life.

And for those of you who can appreciate this: God told me all I needed was the faith of a mustard seed.

No comments: