Thursday, May 31, 2007

Be Careful What You Pray For

First of all, let me make one thing perfectly clear right from the start: Not all marriages are ordained by God. That’s my opinion. Just because you pray for a husband DOES NOT MEAN you will receive your “Prince Charming.” It just means that God will grant your request to get married and have a husband because that’s what you said you wanted and because He loves you. That’s where many women make their first mistake. When we pray, we must be SPECIFIC in our request.

Praying for a man will get you a man but will he be the RIGHT man? Praying for a man with a job might be a good start but what other qualities should he have? Tall, Dark and Handsome? Good Provider? Loving and affectionate? Sense of humor? Loves kids? How does he treat his mother? What is he passionate about? Does he place God above everyone and everything else?

The first time around I got just what I asked for simply because I didn’t know I could pray to God and ask for exactly what I wanted. God did His part by granting my request. But as I grew older and wiser I discovered I had prayed for the wrong things and then I had to turn around and pray to get out of the mess.

The second mistake women make is thinking you can change him once you get him. If God hasn’t changed him yet, what makes you think you can?

Today I am so happy to say I got it right this time. I have a wonderful, new husband but I didn’t pray for him in the conventional sense. This time I asked God to create a new creature in me with a renewed spirit so that I would be deserving of a good husband and God did just what He promised and granted my request.

I’m just a baby boomer in love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good point. I have found that it is important to be specific in our requests when we pray as well. This applies not only to marriage but every thing that we may ask of the Lord. Thanks for your comments.

Bev Mahone said...

You're right Ed. EVERYTHING!

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly

Carine-what's cooking? said...

so true. I've heard too many times "I'll train him after we're married"! Would they want to be "trained". I say if you love the guy the way he is then that's one less stressor on the relationship!
And if you love someone, why would you want to change their soul?